Friday, May 23, 2014

Wedding Day

1. We started off the day with French toast, bacon (from a pig!), and scrambled eggs. Truth be told, it's these kinds if things that I truly miss about living near me family. I miss having a meal together.

After breakfast we ran down to Barry's for French fries and white sauce. Second breakfast is always a good idea.

 Everly enjoyed the pink sauce. It is and indication that there actually is some of my DNA floating around in that body....

I think she felt it was worth blowing her entire day's allowance of fat in one awesome sitting.


2. We set up tables and chairs, made centerpieces, ironed tablecloths and draped tulle. Everybody had a task and we all came together to make it as beautiful as possible...although the job was made easier by Mom's beautiful yard. It really is the most lovely place. Perfect for a wedding.

I think she could make a killing renting out her backyard for nuptials. I am sure it wouldn't be that stressful.



Kaira has a natural ability to make tulle look great.


Terrah and her friend making veils and bow ties for Jay's frogs.


The centerpieces.


Missa helping Charlie with her matching hairdo.


3. We were worried that it was going to rain and we got a little OCD with checking our weather apps and looking at the radar projections. It never did rain, and thank goodness for that because if you're picturing yourself exchanging vows near a beautiful waterfall, and find yourself under the basketball hoop, that could be a bit disheartening.

4. There were enough eclairs there to   feed even the most unsupervised of ward parties...so naturally I had 8.

5. Jay and Heidi are off on their honeymoon...every chair and table is packed away and all the dishes/tablecloths/leftover eclairs have been cleaned,labeled and/or frozen. And we are all exhausted.

A wonderful exhausted.


A few more photos of the day....



Loved this moment....so naturally I took photo. I'm a paparazzi.






No comments:

Post a Comment