Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Homemade Pita....ha ha ha

1. The main reason I am blogging tonight is to keep myself from going downstairs and eating pita bread with hummus. And then I would eat frosted oatmeal cookies (the really yummy crispy cheap kind) dipped in ice cold milk. And then I would eat the leftover strawberry/blueberry salad from dinner last night because that would make me feel like at least I was eating healthy stuff. And then I would say to myself, "You have already eaten quite a bit....what's the point in resisting now?" And I would go get the jar of marshmallows, the jar of chocolate chips and the bag of almonds. Because it is perhaps the best little dessert of desperation around. It never fails me...

And that's because I keep myself stocked with those items...as one may be able to tell by the fact that we put our marshmallows and chocolate chips in JARS. That gives them "ingredient status" in our pantry.

2. Now I am thinking that we are going to need a jar for the almonds.

3. I made homemade pita bread today....and it was quite delicious. Way more delicious than the stuff I've been buying at Price Chopper. But I don't really think I can muster up the energy to make my own pita bread on a consistent basis. I mean, sure....it's great and all, but it was definitely an afternoon commitment.

4. Did you know that the Hufford family uses the word "pita" as their nickname for the below the belt private parts?

And that is why we could never seriously have pita bread at the dinner table. It seems....wrong.

5. Gives new mean to the concept of "pita pockets", "pita chips", "Lightly salted pita", and one I saw recently..."Omelet Pita". Don't even get me started on the restaurants we have come across..."Pita Pit", "La Pita!", "Pita Jungle", and my personal favorite, "South End Pita".

Yesssirrreee. It's the bow on top of the gift of becoming a Hufford.

No comments:

Post a Comment