Monday, May 5, 2014

5 things

I perodicaly feel so overwhelmed by the enormity of the task of keeping up this bloggie. I am currently supposed to be finishing my CHRISTMAS posts and my birthday posts from LAST YEAR.  How can I face it??? I am barely keeping clean clothes on these kids, people. It can't be done!  Well, maybe it can be done...if I trade blogging time for catching up on episodes of The Good Wife.

It can't be done!

But I truly don't want to give up on this blog. So I think I will try a new low-key approach.....

I call it "5 things".

I will right 5 things that happened or crossed my mind that day. It should provide a little structure to my posts and help take the pressure off me when I stress about recording the minutia of our daily lives.

1. Mark and I ran the Tough Mudder on Saturday. It was so fun.



 SO FUN. We got to spend the entire day hanging out with each other, jumping in mud, running, falling off of things and laughing. I am so glad he talked me into it. I have a few sore muscles and a fat ankle, but I'd do it again. And now I have my own orange headband. I won't lie. I am crazy proud of myself and it is so fun to have something else to talk about than what I cooked for dinner. Kinda forgot what that feels like.


2. Family Home Evening crashed and burned in a major way. Laney dissolved into tears because she wasn't on the team she wanted (we played a game of wiffle ball). Anna dissolved into tears because she didn't hit the ball the first time...she's 3!!  Megan kept saying "Strike 1, Strike 2, strike 3....and I'm out" in a sarcastic voice and then huffing off because she insisted she was incapable of hitting the ball. Ethan was picking on the others and Mathew....well, Mathew was good...guilty by association, I suppose. It turned the whole night into torture. I kept looking at the weeds in the flower beds longingly, wishing I were pulling them out instead. I am positive it would have been more fun. Definitely more spiritually rewarding. Kids...when you grow up, remember that FHE can and will be hard a lot of the time. It just is. Keep on keepin on. Every once in a while you get a real winner and overall you are glad you did it.

3. Ethan sat me down and asked me if he could buy a sword to display on his wall. He seemed all nervous and when I said "yeah, sure", he breathed a big sigh of relief. Turns out he has been trying to get up the nerve to ask me that for 2 weeks. HUH. Weird.

4. I did 45 lbs on my overhead squat today. That's 45 lbs more than I could do when I started.

5. Mark bought me a Chrome book today....just because I mentioned that I'd like to have a way to keep up with my blog. He is the sweetest.

Kinda made me feel bad for getting miffed that he didn't notice that I mowed the lawn today.  err...

No comments:

Post a Comment