Tuesday, May 20, 2014

A molehill

1. Last night I stayed up with Ethan until 3 AM while he worked on a power point presentation for his Language arts class. 

I have paid quite dearly for this decision. I dropped off Laney and Anna with the babysitting co op and instead of going shopping or running errands. I came home, left a sleeping Everly in the garage (doors open, lights on...per company policy) and I laid down on the crusty, sugar covered couch and fell asleep.  Approximately 45 minutes later, I abruptly stood up and in a panic tried to figure out where the heck my kids were at and why in the world I had been allowed to fall asleep while the sun doth shine. 

My racing heart didn't stop me from falling back asleep once I had recalled the pertinent facts and checked on the still sleeping baby in the garage.

2. There are mountains and there are molehills. 

And there are ridiculous amounts of socks.


3.  I mowed over a sprinkler head last week and finally decided that it was entirely within my realm of capability to fix the sucker myself.

So I took a picture of one of the other non-decapitated ones and took it in to the John Deere store and said..."I need one of these." "I can do this, right?"

I fixed that sprinkler like a boss.


4. I'm always pretty excited to tell Mark of my adventures and how I fixed this or that or saved us money by figuring things out on my own. It's pretty much the main reason I do this stuff. He's fun to impress.

5. Tonight we went to the cub scout bike rally. I made the mistake of assuming that my 3 year old was going to be up to riding almost 2 miles at the rally and then 2 more miles to get back home. 


There was a lot of stopping and refusing to go on, and I won't deny that I did bribe her with Muddy Buddies, threaten to live there on the sidewalk, physically push her up several hills, and try unsuccessfully to flatter her all the way home.
"Look at you! What an awesome bike rider you are! You have super strong muscles! You have super speed! You're beating me! Don't tell the big kids about the Muddy Buddies! It's our secret! Let's say Mu-ddy Bu-ddy Mu-ddy Bu-ddy....all the way home! We are almost there! Just a couple miles to go! Push those leg muscles! Let's catch up to the big kids!".....etcetera etcetera etcetera....

No comments:

Post a Comment