Wednesday, May 28, 2014

The new normal

I surprised Mark with a Groupon for 2 months of crossfit training for Christmas....and then I surprised him A...GAIN...with 2 months for me. Which, of course, is the biggest surprise of all. I have been driving by a crossfit place for months and kind of wanting to check it out, but too chicken to try. I mean, I haven't called the dentist to set up an appointment in 3 years, so obviously I have a hard time initiating the conversation...don't even get me started on visiting teaching. 

So he was actually surprised! HIP HIP! Which is so very hard to do.

And we started going right after Christmas...which meant it took us a solid 4 weeks after that to start walking normal again. And then for about 2 more weeks I hated it so much. I vowed when the Groupon was over I was going to find myself a Jazzercize class and they would never see me again. 

But then I started to feel these little muscles in my arms and legs and I was able to lift more than just my own butt off the ground. (Not always the case). 

And we started to love it.

And now the weekly whiteboard is big part of our week...


Mark and I have this fun thing that we do together and we have something to talk about besides what kind of bread the kids like...

And I feel so much stronger and I am like 6 months from not having to tuck my belly into my pants when I sit down.

Which is like "MERRY CHRISTMAS!"


1 comment:

  1. I'm still devoted! I'm still reading! And yes, I'm even still laughing! "Ya know, it's the gift that keeps giving the whole year through Clark." Glad you are getting your "Christmas in July" moment. I should have joined in....my belly is still needing to be tucked currently. ;)

    ReplyDelete