Thursday, May 29, 2014

The little things

I have a firmly held belief that family therapists should hold their very first session with the mother of the family....

The official title could be, "Setting Boundaries" or "Nurturing Your Spirit".

But, in reality, the entire session would be dedicated to helping her come up with great places to hide all of her treats.


There should also be some role-playing to help her appear convincingly innocent if/when one of her hiding spots has been compromised.

And for the record, I have lost the following locations to either snoopy kids, surprise encounters or a foolish moment of "openness" with my husband.

1. My nightstand drawer (amateur!)
2. Under my pile of jeans in the closet...never hide treats where chores must be fulfilled nearby.
3. In the picnic basket on the top shelf of the pantry....This one is so well known that I have found other people's treats in there.
4. In the center console of my van...I have lost entire bags of skittles in a day to that spot.
5. In the freezer...too high traffic
6. In my purse....to high traffic
7. Inside the breadmaker...still feeling the sting of that loss.

I have 3 spots still in play and the are....


DO YOU THINK I"M STUPID!

 I'll never tell!

NEVER!


No comments:

Post a Comment