Saturday, May 17, 2014

The boys are away...

1. Mark has taken the boys to the Father-Son Campout. According to weather.com, it is supposed to get down to 37 degrees. I can honestly say I have zero jealousy in my heart over not being included in this outing. Camp away, burly men, camp away. I will be sleeping spread eagle in the king size bed.

2. I bench pressed 65 lbs today and did a LEGIT med ball transfer for the first time ever.

AAHHH YEAHH.

This is exciting to me because last time we did med ball transfers, I had to let the ball roll  from my feet to my stomach instead of lifting it...doesn't sound so bad unless you have 10-12 athletic people around you doing those transfers like a boss...one of whom is 64 years old.

3. My boys hate to get haircuts. Ethan in particular wants to "grow his hair out". He fails to recognize that his hair is stick straight and extremely thick. If it were allowed to grow out, he would no longer be able to fit his head through the neck-hole of his t-shirts.  

4. We have exactly 3 1/2 days of school left. And then it is Summer Bucket List time...which is similar to the Advent Calendar, in that I attach huge expectations to the degree of fun I think I can produce in the next 90 days when actually what me kids really want is a endless stream of otter pops and daily trips to the pool. And maybe for every night to be movie night. With popcorn. And cutting baths by 50%.

5. We spent the evening at Courtney's house with Carrie, Mari, Lori and all of our girls. We ate pizza, talked over disciplining our kids, vaccines, allergies, genetic disorders, vasectomies, wondering if we are screwing up our children.....all while the girls had a Frozen sing along in Courtney's basement. So....good times were had. And I didn't have to make dinner.


No comments:

Post a Comment