Friday, May 9, 2014

Desperation

1. This morning it was my turn to provide childcare for my 8:30 crossfit class. Up to this point, I show up on Thursday morning at about 8:15, we run around and Anna swings on the rings and I perhaps finish putting Everly's hair into pigtails. By 8:40 it is apparent that nobody with kids is showing up to this class, so I gather up my girls and the box of blocks and the basket containing out collection of My Little Ponies and we are on with the rest of our day.

But today....oh today, there was this:


It was like attack of the toddlers. There were seven of them and they wanted their mommas. I used every trick in the book to keep them from crying because you know that if one starts...then it's like dominoes. Little chubby dominoes with teeny tiny baby teeth and what would I do with seven crying, dripping dominoes?

We survived. I read books and braided the hair of a Rapunzel barbie that a little boy named Hudson referred to as "Princess Hair". Oh....and Hudson sneezed and produced a snot rocket unlike any I have ever come across in my days on this earth. Yowza. I made sure to have 4 tissues when dealing with it....so as to ensure no trace of snot rocket moisture got through.

Also, I am not ashamed to admit that I sent a silent prayer to the heavens that my cell phone battery would hold out because the Frozen soundrack was the only think keeping those little chickies from freaking out.

2. When I returned to the abode after class, I embarked on what would turn out to be a day long rock-bottom hunt for something to eat in my house.

I sunk to new lows.

Suffice it to say that at one point I helped myself to a bag of croutons.

I needed a snack.

3. We attended Ethan's band concert tonight and while he did an excellent job...it lasted FOR EV ER.
Band concerts must not exceed 45 minutes.

MUST. NOT.

Mark had to take the little girls home when the jazz band forgot to stop improvising.

4. Everly stood today on her own.....then she took 4 steps!!! She did it! There is hope for her future! I will not need to let her hold my fingers as she makes her way from her dorm to her college classes! She is gonna walk, people!



5. Mathew needs to make a variety of items made from duct tape to sell at his 5th grade marketplace a week from tomorrow. I tell him approximately every 12 hours that I will help him in 12 hours. "I'll help you in the morning, Mat" "I'll help you tonight, Maffer"....strangely I fail to realize that tomorrow morning is going to be just as crazy as this morning was, and don't get me started on tomorrow night. I'm gonna need to get creative if I hope to salvage his faith in me. I knew I was losing the battle when his only response to getting rescheduled was "uh huh."

Redemption lies in awesome duct tape and near-professional braiding skills. This Mother's day, I am gonna live up to the mighty stature of my office.

Now...to go search Pinterest for duct tape tutorials.

No comments:

Post a Comment