Monday, May 12, 2014

A mother of a day

1. I am annoyed by the title of this post. But, I can't think of anything better.

2. I awoke at 6 am this morning to get myself ready for 8 am church in our old Rogers ward. I was presented with a pop up Mother's Day card by my very own pups in the hotel room.

]

Since then I feel like we have lived the equivalent of 3 or 4 days. I am that tired. We attended sacrament meeting and saw several familiar faces and marveled at the fact that handing out chocolate to women is a good idea in congregations across the globe. It is a universal truth....although my sis-in-law, Josie, tells glorious tales of cheesecake in her ward.

I will ponder upon these things.

3. We popped over to Grandma and Grandpa's house one more time to say goodbye and give hugs. Everly took the opportunity to snuggle with her Great Grandma Lucille and dazzle us all with her newfound taste for self-initiated walking.



She also took this opportunity to charm her Great Uncle Roger....who by all measures is a raging fibber....and I love it. He won me over in the first 3 minutes. I'm a believer.


4. We left Grandma's house and drove home to Kansas. The drive was blech. I hate driving. I wish we still fit in one car so I could sleep and make Mark do all the driving. I'm selfless like that.

5. When we arrived home I parked myself on the couch and watched Crossfit On Track compete in the North Central Regionals. And my children made dinner for us. I swear. No adult hands were involved. Mathew made cornbread from scratch and spaghetti. Megan picked fresh lettuce and radishes from the garden and made a beautiful salad. I admit I was a little stunned.

I drank from the mug that Ethan made for me in his art class.

It was divine.

Did I mention that I didn't make this dinner?

No comments:

Post a Comment