Saturday, May 10, 2014

A quick trip

1. We drove to Arkansas today. It was a 3 1/2 hour drive but it only felt like it was 3 1/2 hours.  We watched Frozen and then we went back through it and fast forwarded through the movie parts and just sang the songs a few more times. Ethan totally loved it. I say that sarcastically, but I did catch him using a soft tender voice on one of the soft tender songs and I thought to myself..."Busted! You totally love this! You can't fool me." But I decided to allow him his dignity and we went on pretending that he was annoyed by the whole experience. I'm cool like that.

Then I write about it in my blog.

Because I gotta tell the world that I'm smarter than I'm letting on.

2. We got to see alot of our family on the Hufford side. I love those guys.

4 generations!

I know many people don't like their in-laws, but I am not one of those people. Mine are cool. And funny and I know for a fact one of them is going to read this....Hi Shannon.

I think you are cool.

3. I'm super hungry and I am stuck in a hotel room with 5 sleeping kids and nothing to eat.

I am feeling desperate. I need a snack.

If only I had a bag of croutons.

4. We went swimming in the hotel pool and everybody is still alive. It was a little pool and everybody in there (my kids) were being super splashy. Luckily there was a hot tub and I have a baby that appreciates the value of unwinding in hot water. Anna tried to convince me to come back to the cold splashy area, but I kept putting her off until she finally gave in and stuck her toes in the hot tub. Pretty soon her legs were in and I knew I was home free.

5. Seriously. I am so hungry. I feel I must go and forage. Do you think I'm a bad mom if I run as fast as I possibly can down to the van to go get my bag of Jordan Almonds?

Also, do you think I absolutely have to put on bra before I run for it?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Maren!! I seriously laughed out loud when I read this post. (Okay, maybe just a chuckle but it was still funny.) I am one of your lone and loyal followers so keep them coming! Your future generations will thank you. In the meantime, I will. So.....Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You inspired me to start reading AND posting again! It was so good to see you. You always make me laugh.

    ReplyDelete