Sunday, June 1, 2014

Everly at 18 months


A few tidbits about my sweet Everly....

She is the only child I have ever cut bangs for. And they are freaking adorable.

She doesn't speak too much yet...just Mama, Dada, and Anna. Sometimes "mess". She says "AAA" and she means "CRASH", most likely because she just fell down.

She knows the signs for 'more', 'water', 'thank you', and a made up one for 'all done'. She also knows that if she slides down into the crook of my arm and points to my boob...she's gonna get some milk. If she's being really cheeky, she will add a big grin and make the sign for "more". Mercy.

She has nursed longer than any of my other babies...by about 4 months. I have no idea when/how I am ever going to be able to wean this child. The MCADD has me pretty worried in this respect.

She loves to take baths and doesn't mind water on her face. She has always taken showers with me, so I think she is used to the splashing water.

Her all time favorite song is "Happy" by Pharell Williams.

She finds it very soothing to flip the pages of a book through her fingers.



She loves oatmeal and peaches, ham cubes, deli turkey, bananas, skittles, sliced bread, rice pudding, orange slices, cooked carrots, pita and hummus, grilled chicken and Snapea Crisps.

She WILL NOT eat mandarin oranges.

She is showing distinct signs of being a shoe fanatic. The likes pink, flowers and sparkles.

She can point to Mom, Dad, Anna, herself, hair, mouth, ears, toes, fingers, eyes and sometimes her nose.

She hates it when Anna tries to ride on the front of her stroller and does her best to kick her off.

She can be distracted by asking her if she can hear the birdies. She always stops whatever she is doing to listen for them.

She is finally starting to walk and I am incredibly proud of her. Today she stood up from the ground for the first time ever!

Her favorite book is "Whose Baby am I?"

She hums to herself, especially when she is nursing. She favors a descending two note pattern...and she loves it if you mimic her.

She wants to hold hands through the crib bars at night while she goes to sleep. I am happy to oblige.

I am so grateful to have her in my life. She is so easygoing and squeezy and I am enjoying all of her baby stages.


No comments:

Post a Comment