Sunday, June 1, 2014

A Sunday

1. Today was Stake Conference, so of course we were pretty excited about the fact that we didn't have to drive all the way to Lenexa for our meetings. And also that it would be over before we would usually be getting ready to start. I would pretend that I was anticipating being spiritually fed by the speakers, but I know perfectly well that I will spend every minute of that two hours either breaking up fights in my most intimidating whisper voice, walking Everly around the halls, ripping out the selected coloring pages, retrieving crayons, cleaning up cheerios and fantasizing about the day when all my offspring will sit in their own chairs and not require minute by minute verbal reminders that we are "still in Heavenly Father's house so ZIP IT."

2. All these predictions came true. I have psychic powers.

3. After church we came home and had Caramel Apple Pork chops with creamy garlic pasta, corn on the cob and cold seedless watermelon. It was definitely one of the high points of the day. I love that recipe and not just a little bit because Mark was the one that make it for me one night when I was not feelin the cooking vibes....he's cool like that.

It is also pretty dang delicious. And a nice change from my usual Pork Chop Jerky chunks I was featuring every other month.

4. We tried to have a Toy Story movie marathon, but we only got halfway through the second one and three bowls of homemade popcorn (real butter) before we really started feeling NASTY. We decided it was time for a walk. Unfortunately our route took us past the neighborhood pool where they were having the summer snow cone kick off party that I had chosen not to mention to my children. Whoopsie.

5. We kept our summer tradition of making our own butter in pint jars. All it takes is a little heavy cream and a lot of upper arm stamina. I am happy to report that with a little reinforcement from Dad, every single child saw their cream turn to butter. Check that sucker off the Bucket List!

No comments:

Post a Comment