Sunday, June 29, 2014

The talk

1.I spoke in sacrament today. I was given a subject that really resonated with the things that have been rattling around in my brain lately, but then I was given a "reference talk" from the last General Conference that I just really didn't relate to. I knew what it was about and I didn't necessarily have any issues with the talk, I just didn't feel any connection to it at all. So that made me a little nervous. I, like most people, get a little nervous talking in front of people...and the only way I can usually do it is if I care about what I'm saying. So, I used a quote from the given talk and then I kind of went in the way my heart was pointing me. And to be totally fair, the bishopric member that gave me the assignment said to do exactly that. Which is pretty great.

2. My stomach was rumbling while I was sitting up there and it felt excessively loud. I kept thinking it would get picked up by the microphone.

3. The youth speaker in front of me finisher her talk with, "I'd like to bear my testimony that I know this church is through....I MEAN...true!"  Kind of funny.

4. Is there any better feeling than to sit down from speaking and know that you are DONE? It's pretty great.

5. Everly watched her first movie tonight. She actually laid down by me and watched it and laughed at the jokes and danced with the singing parts. It was pretty phenomenal. And it made me feel like we are turning a corner on my ability to participate and ENJOY family movie nights. WAHOO!



No comments:

Post a Comment