Saturday, June 14, 2014

Half Price Shakes

1. It was one of those days where you look at the clock and it's 1:30 in the afternoon and you realize that not only have you failed to feed your children the first two meals of the day, you still haven't put on a bra or brushed your teeth. On the bright side, I'm in the middle of a great book, "The Invention of Wings". This may or may not be the cause of my slackerness.

When left to "do their own thing"...markers are always involved. 
The hearth takes a beating, but it is nothing a magic eraser and a bath can't solve.


2. Maybe due to my earlier failure, I did actually make dinner tonight. Nothing fancy...just a little herb chicken, creamy garlic pasta and carrots with peas from the garden. But it's light-years beyond what we have had so far this week.....that would be: Monday: hot dogs, Tuesday: cornbread (really....just cornbread),
Wednesday: sub sandwiches, Thursday: hot dogs, and Friday:
cereal.  Not my best week of cooking ever. Also, not the last time that line up will make an appearance this summer. I'm a realist.

3. I am in love with the fact that all of my speaking children can quote 'Nacho Libre' extensively and seem to truly 'get' how hilarious that movie is. I must be doing something right.

"My life is gooood. Real gooood"

4. I have a pretty clean house right now because I bribed the kids with Sonic shakes (half price after 8 pm!)

5. Unfortunately, we took a 2 hour detour down Screaming-Sibling-Fight Avenue, took a left at Go-to-Your-Room Terrace, made a U-turn at You-Don't-Love-Me! Boulevard and got a moving violation for Don't-Call-Your-Sister-that-Name.

In the end, we talked it out, cried it out and worked it out. At 9:30, we decided what we need most for our healing process was to put it all behind us and go for the shakes. We had to wake up Laney (who had wisely given up and called it a night), and we managed to get all the way there and all the way back without any additional altercations.

Another winner of a day at the Hufford Hacienda.

No comments:

Post a Comment