Friday, June 6, 2014

Megan at 9


Miss Megan.

She has beautiful eyes.

She is equal parts leader and follower.

She loves her best friend, Kayli and when they are together they morph into wild, giggling miniature women that exclaim, "I HAVE AN IDEA!!".

And they always figure out a way to act on their ideas.

She can be remarkably calm and mature.

She can be strikingly emotional and unreasonable.

She thrives on success and organization.

Her teachers love her and always ask, "Does she EVER misbehave?" I smile and assure them that she does her fair share of time in the time out spot.

When she shows me the things she creates, I am genuinely impressed. When I say, "Oh, wow!"....I actually mean "Oh, wow!" I wonder if she might be an engineer or in some type of designer.

She can make mac n cheese, scrambled eggs, grilled cheese with tomato soup, pancakes, spaghetti and heaven only knows what else.

She still holds my hand when we go on walks.

She forgives me when I say too much when I discipline her. It's one of the things I love most about her.

Her favorite color is aqua blue.

For her birthday she asked for a bead curtain for her door and a bean bag chair.  She set up her own little reading lounge in her closet.

She loves skyline chili and pork barbacoa....she's come a long way from her chicken nugget days.

I love that she has a loud and boisterous side to her personality, I would hate for her to waste her childhood being worried about what everyone thinks of her.

She performed "Sneakin Around" on the piano in the Sunnyside Talent show last month and she wore all black and a black mask. She did great and even though she hesitated on the last two notes, instead of stumbling through them, she waited a couple more seconds for dramatic effect and made it seem like it was on purpose!

I loved that.


No comments:

Post a Comment