Saturday, June 21, 2014

Mathew turns 11

For the first time in his young life, Mathew did not pick spaghetti and meatballs for his dinner.

M'boy is growing up!

And he requested pot roast with mashed potatoes and homemade rolls.



It seems a little dumb to me now, but I was trying to make an 11 out of two of the candles. It's a little hard to tell...seeing as they look exactly like all the other candles.


He asked for a funfetti cake, and he got a red, white and bluefetti cake. I know how you feel, Mat. My birthday is the day before Valentines. I got a lot of pink and red stuff. You are destined to have patriotic themed party favors from time to time.



Here he starts his method of blowing out the candles one by one. I personally appreciate the rubber frog being so attentive and Laney's ability to curl her tongue like that.


And this is the precise moment that he accidentally gets a little to close to a recently blown-out candle and gets a second degree burn on his chin. Ouchie.


Laney waits with a patiently curled tongue while Mark goes to see if Mathew can overcome the chin burn and blow out the last candle. 



He finds the strength!


And he is rewarded with very mysterious presents.


Notice the frosting blob Mathew has applied to the burn?


An eventful birthday all around. 


Happy Birthday, Mr. Mat.

I love you. Chin blister and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment