Wednesday, June 11, 2014

In utero

1. We started off the morning with a trip to the dentist for Laney. Which, frankly, sucks.
That girl can't catch a break in the teeth department. She grinds her teeth all night long, brushes and flosses faithfully and still ends up with at least 1 cavity every stinking time we go for checkups. I'm fairly certain the boys are lying to me about their brushing habits and they get off scott free. Not Laney. In fact, today she had one of her permanent molars drilled because, according to the dentist, there were some rogue cells trapped inside the tooth IN UTERO. You've got to be kidding me. This cavity got it's start before she did.

The only thing I can say is....I feel your pain, sugar. You inherited my mouth. And my hair.

I wish you inherited your freckles from me too, because they are so dang cute. I want those freckles. I hope someday you think about your teeth and your freckles and you consider it a reasonable trade off.

2. I only nursed Everly once today. It was brutal. I tried so hard to get her to go down for a nap in her crib instead of nursing to sleep by me in my bed. It took me about an hour and a half to admit defeat. Finally we just loaded up the car and drove downtown and she took her nap on the way.

This was during one of her quick breaks from screaming bloody murder...which made me feel like all that screaming was probably using up a lot of energy which caused me to seriously analyze the possibility that she might run out of energy and slip into a metabolic crisis which led me to actually consider the possibility that I may need to nurse her for the rest of her life. 


Tomorrow is another day.

3. After my face off with Everly, I was hoping to get out of my promise to take the kids to Science City and Kaleidoscope for the afternoon. It was already 2 pm when Ever and I called the cease fire and I was thinking they would see the wisdom in waiting to go another day so as to take full advantage of our time there.

I was wrong.

Here are the pictures to prove it.

Is there anything as cute as a baby laying on her tummy to color?
I think not.

4. Contrary to what is clearly stated on its website, Science City does not close at 9 pm. In fact, it closes at 5 pm...which was roughly 20 minutes after we arrived there. You will be proud of me when I tell you that for a couple seconds I considered freaking out on the attendant, but ultimately decided it would take too much time to lose my cool. That's 2 minutes on the freak out, 2 minutes on a dramatic storm-off, 3 minutes for the guilt to set in and 2 more minutes to humbly apologize to said attendant so as to not be a horrible example to my children. We opted to go get our science on for 20 whole minutes.

Which I am now thinking is about the perfect amount of time to spend at Science City.

Here we are approximately 5 feet inside the front door. 

5. I somehow convinced my kids to forgo our traditional stop off and Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory in the Crown Center to try out the bulk candy bins at the new HyVee.

They were skeptical and I told them that they should give it a chance. It will take me a long time to live that one down.

On the bright side, I did pick up some pretty tasty looking hamburger buns while we were there.

No comments:

Post a Comment