Monday, June 30, 2014

The Queen of the Crab Walk

1. Not surprisingly, I am not one of the strongest people at my crossfit gym. In fact, I am pretty used to coming pretty close to last/weakest/slowest on a regular basis there. I'm okay with it. All I really want is to go and get a good workout and feel like I'm making a little progress towards being strong and active for the foreseeable future.

But today....TODAY!

Today we did 6 solid minutes of crab walk and I discovered that I have a hidden talent for walking backwards on my hands and feet. I must have done more crab walk soccer in elementary school than I remember. I schooled those muscly individuals for the first time! And most likely for the last time, as well.

2. I didn't get a shower until 6 pm, but I did get the garage cleaned out, power washed the carport, power washed the slime trail from the sump pump runoff, cleaned out the pantry in search of the source of the never ending supply of fruit flies in the kitchen....and dozens of other little thingies that contributed to my powerful 6 pm stench.

3. With the purchase of the new van, has come the new budget. As one might imagine with a family of 8, the grocery bill is often the culprit of overspending. So in an effort to stick to my new budget, we decided that we wouldn't run in to get more butter and instead shook up our pint of heavy whipping cream to make enough butter to add to our mashed potatoes and butter our morning toast until our next grocery day.  As we took turns shaking up that cream, I had to laugh about the weird stuff we find ourselves doing during the course of the day.

4. While I was cooking dinner, I realized that Anna was sitting at the kitchen desk having a little conversation with herself and so I started listening in. I casually took a picture when I walked by. She often builds little families out of pencils or markers and, if left to herself for awhile, can come up with great sweeping dramas.


No comments:

Post a Comment