Saturday, June 7, 2014

Laney at six


Laney is six. She is a kindergarten graduate.

She loves to pretend to be a wolf...and she really gives it all she's got. She's no cutesy wolfy....she will howl from the bottom of her soul and really dig down deep to get into character and explore the inner workings of the wolf's mind.

She is a poser. Literally. She can work a hand on the hip like no one I have every known.

She has super soft hair. It's a dream to comb and braid....and know matter what I do with it, by noon it is falling out of it's elastics and falling in soft curls everywhere. We are learning not to fight it.

She has adorable freckles. I covet them.

Her favorite color is pink...no purple...no pink....

She is a blueberry fanatic.

She is learning to read and she is right at the point where she is really gaining fluency and starting to be able to read more than the Dick and Jane style readers. It's a magical thing to see.

She loves stretchy pants. If I want her to wear jeans to school, I have to hide every single pair of stretchy pants she owns.

She has a strong sense of style and if I tell her something doesn't quite work together, she will say, "Well, I love it."  And that is that.

She learned how to ride a bike this year. She started out on her balance bike and quickly graduated to her two wheeler without training wheels. It wasn't easy. For the first couple of weeks, I had to bribe her to go around the cul de sac a couple of times so that she could see that she wasn't going to crash. Eventually she got the hang of it and she never looked back.

She is a collector of all things advertised by the Pillow Pet company. She has a vast collection on her bed. Mostly of the rainbow unicorn variety.  She's always on the look out for other worthy Made for TV products.

She has been cursed with weak enamel and despite her brushing and flossing efforts, usually has one or two cavities. I'm afraid she got that from me. (my apologies)

She is very outgoing and loves to talk to adults. She can be very charming and enjoys undivided attention. In a house with 5 other kids, this can be a rare thing, but she has learned to ask for it when she needs it and I think that skill will serve her well in life.

I love her!






No comments:

Post a Comment