Friday, June 13, 2014

Lake Olathe

1. I went to crossfit today despite the fact that I still feel like I got in a bar fight from Wednesdays class. I almost talked myself out of going, but honestly, I'm more afraid of returning from a long break than I am of whatever I will have to go through in any one session. I never again want to experience the soreness I went through those first couple of weeks.  So I showed. And the WOD was called "The Russ" in honor of Russ Christianson, who is a regular at the gym and is moving to Florida tomorrow morning.

The Russ:

400 meter run
25 pull ups
25 box jumps
25 toes to bar
400 meter run
50 double unders (100 singles)
50 wall balls
50 double unders (100 singles)
400 meter run
25 toes to bar
25 box jumps
25 pull ups
400 meter run

And if that isn't enough to make you want to strap the kiddies back in the van and head to the donut shop, when class was ready to start, it was just me and ....Russ. Yep.

Since Russ is a machine, I knew I was gonna be doing the last half of this WOD solo because he would complete it in about half my time. Luckily a couple ladies arrived late and saved me from the WOD of shame.

And yes...Russ completed it in 15 minutes and 10 seconds. I completed it in 26 minutes and 8 seconds. My only comfort is that 6 months ago it would have sent me to the hospital. :)

2. After a quick shower, we packed a lunch and spent the afternoon at Lake Olathe Beach.  It was a perfect day and the kids had the best time. They played until they didn't want to play no more.


Because we are who we are, we decided it would be best if we got our clothes wet and sandy before changing into swimwear. What's a trip to the beach without a pile of stinky, wet clothes languishing in the back of the van for a couple weeks?


Honestly, I really didn't care. It was fun to soak in the sun and let them be a total mess. We had food. We had towels, we had bathroom facilities, we had great company. It was wonderful.


We love hanging out with the Flynns.


3. We came home when everybody was sufficiently sun-baked and every possible crevice was sand encrusted. Everyone popped in the showers and tubs and we watched our Redbox movies.  'The Secret Life of Walter Mitty' was a good one. I recommend.

4. We spent the rest of the evening covering the driveway in chalk masterpieces.


I think it was our best work to date.


5. We rounded out the day with cereal for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment