Thursday, June 4, 2020

The State of the Garden: June 2020

Here's what blooming in the backyard these days....

A weee lil berry hiding under the dill.


I spy a daisy bud! I'm gonna get some daisies this year....happy dance!


My happy little patch of Johnny Jump-ups.


Blackberry blossoms, in spite of my late spring pruning job.


The lilies are aflame and dominating the yard. Time to thin them out and infect my friend's yards as well.


Aren't these the funnest little green lanterns? My first attempt at growing tomatillos!


Doing shelling peas this year. I'm excited to pop those pods and munch in the garden. And I finally remembered to plant a few petunias amongst the veg. Just to keep things fashionable.


I accidentally planted twice as many summer squash as I had intended to and zero cucumbers. It all came about because I think I can keep straight in my mind where I plant things without marking them. Pair that mistake with planting way to early and a hard frost killing off my first attempts...they going back to replant and not remembering if the cucumbers were on the right and the summer squash was on the left...or visa versa...and then just making a wild guess and replanting.

I'm hoping some cucumbers magically appear at some point.

But aren't these sweet little babies just wonderful? Is there even a remote chance I'll get to pick one before the vine borers lay waste?

Hope springs eternal.


I planted these lilies a couple years ago. Last year they were just lovely. This year, someone has put a magical spell on them and they have grown as tall as my shoulder! They are so....MAJESTIC.


There are, undoubtedly, more garden photos to come. Lucky lucky!

No comments:

Post a Comment