Wednesday, June 17, 2020

5k.2

Last Saturday we met at the Guenther's house to run a 5k with a bunch of friends. Martin had signed up to do the Tinman Triathlon that day, but it was cancelled because of COVID-19.


I've been running for a couple months and this was the day I'd finish up...I even put "Run a 5k" on the summer bucket list! Anna decided that morning that she wanted to come run as well. I didn't think much of it because she is young and has loads of energy.

We started off the run and about a quarter mile into it, she got a stitch in her side and needed to walk. Then we walked some more and eventually we were just walking. She felt bad and I felt stressed.  I know how hard it is to run with a stitch and I also really wanted to reach my goal. So we called Mathew and had him come pick her up on the route and I finished up.

But I just couldn't bring myself to check it off the summer bucket list. I walked at least half of it. Mark is the best and he could see how disappointed I felt about it.

So we got up early this morning and ran the same route together.

We finished in 30.20...that's my best time ever!


And cute Mari wrote this at the finish line!


Ahhh.....closure.

No comments:

Post a Comment