Saturday, June 20, 2020

Mathew turns 17!!

Well, no, he isn't actually 17 yet... but today we celebrate! Tomorrow we will focus on the dad.

Froot Loops....it's chalk full of all the vitamins required to be 17.


I am loving the sleeping habits of teenagers. They really truly don't wake up the the sound of tape being ripped and streamers being hung right outside their bedroom doors. And I think it's possible Mathew forgot it was even his birthday (it's not). He was legitimately surprised.



And because he is now only 1 year away from adulthood....he had to work. Don't feel bad, bud. We all have to do it. Aren't you glad we stopped giving you the day off of chores on your birthday 10 years ago? I was *this close* to giving all you kids the wrong idea about what life had in store for you.....also, it was super hard to get everything ready for birthday parties with 1/6th of my child labor force relaxing on the couch.

Thanks for being such a good sport and wearing your Birthday Boy ribbon!


Mathew chose a roast dinner with all the fixins. He regaled us with a high energy story in his wonderful Mathew way...




He chose a chocolate cake with whipped white frosting....


I found this awesome light up birthday cake topper. It just screamed **MATHEW** when I saw it at the store.


I love big kids! They provide their own entertainment!


Oh Mathew...I love you, dude. I love the way you see the world and your energy and happy soul. You are a pleasure to raise. Thanks for making brownies and dinner whenever you see me starting to lose it.


Happy 17th Birthday.

Tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment