Sunday, June 21, 2020

Father's Day 2018...full roar.

What would Father's day be without....

A tower of homemade toast.....                               and a plentiful pile of bacon


Where would we be without that smile?


Would it even feel like Father's day without the Chocolate Lover's Favorite Cake exploding in the oven? (This one almost looks like it has a Cubbies logo baked into it!)


Could we even let the day pass without a rousing rendition of Daddy's Homecoming???


How would we do without a fabulous feast of pork barbacoa and pistachio yak??


Or without Mark's traditional "I'm so glad you made this whole cake for me and I don't even need to share it with anyone!" joke that always brings at least one little girl to the brink of tears. Which then prompts him to give her the first slice. Chocolate cures almost all kinds of weeping.


How would we survive without this wonderful man that makes everything so fun and shows his appreciation for our best efforts....even when they aren't really a surprise...


And when they really ARE a surprise!!




This Father's day had everything.


And, yes, I mean EVERYTHING.


Mark Hufford, you are the one for me. You are the guy I will always choose to walk through life with. I will face the cops with you and make you chocolate cake until the end of time!

No comments:

Post a Comment