Tuesday, June 16, 2020

SBL: Beach Day at Hillsdale Lake

I thought it would be fun to head out for the afternoon with friends and spend some time on a beach....ya know...like, a Kansas beach. So I texted several people and asked them if they'd like to join us at Spring Hill Lake on Tuesday afternoon? Have a little swim and let the kids wear themselves out?

Seems harmless enough, right?

Except as we were driving over, each of them was struggling to find the place, even the ones that were raised in the area....I was seriously amazed at how directionaly challenged my friends are. I was trying to help out, giving them cross streets and offering to take photos of street signs. And then finally Heather Jensen solved the mystery. I had told everyone Spring Hill Lake. In my brain I meant Hillsdale Lake.

My fault.

And, sadly, there actually is a Spring Hill Lake. It's on a golf course and it's closed to swimming and several people spent 20+ minutes wandering around it looking for us.  DOH!

Anywho.

They all forgave me. And luckily, Spring Hill Lake is on the way to Hillsdale Lake. Small mercies.

So, we spent the afternoon roasting in the sun, watching the kids swim, doing headcounts...


Getting free talk therapy,


And watching Mari removed the dead, floating fish from the lake. She's not afraid.


I didn't get within 15 feet of the water because here in Kansas we lack those ocean breezes that whisk away the stinky bog smell.

But we had our beach day and the kids are tuckered OUT. I foresee a movie night in our future.

No comments:

Post a Comment