Friday, March 27, 2009

Letters from a traveling mother

Dear Utah,

A few things.

I like you because you are the place in which I find all my siblings and my mother. I really love them so that spills over to you and I feel a bit appreciative for you providing the habitat for my family.

I also like you because you have Mt. Timpanogos and I am itching to climb it again.

OH, and Cafe Rio. A delicious mark in your favor. (I used to look forward to a crispy beef burrito from Taco Time...haven't my tastes matured?)

And you make me feel like speeding isn't really against the law. How could it be? All us faithful mormons zipping along. We must be in a hurry to deliver a hot meal.
That's it.
It's called the "spirit of the law" people.

I always feel a bit of uncomfortable, unidentifiable angst when I'm within your borders. I think it's because I spent my teenage years here and those were uncomfortable, angst ridden times.

But I really had a good time this week, so I feel we are moving in the right direction. Don't you?

Oh, and also.....I really dig the giant letters on the mountains (pronounced 'mou-uhns').

See you next time,

Maren

2 comments:

  1. I loved the spirit of the law. I have to chuckle after every general conference we have to be reminded to be courteous on the road coming home from our spiritual upliftment. Glad you had a good time here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! are you mocking our Utah "mou-uhns?"

    Them are fighting words! Oh ya! Bring it on!!!

    Plus, daisies rock!

    P.S. You should have a little talk with Markie-Mark, about those daisies. Where are his loyalties?

    ReplyDelete