Sunday, March 29, 2009

Dear BYU,

I have to admit that I didn't enjoy attending your school as much as others seem to. I found you a bit on the snooty side. I was also pining for my dearest Ricks.

That said, I think when I take my 4 little kids to your Monte Bean Museum the least you could do is NOT give me a 30 dollar parking ticket for parking in the.....(gasp)....VISITOR SECTION.

Ahem. I was a visitor.

So, apparently there was a small sign five parking spaces down from mine stating that I would need to obtain a "visitor's parking permit" from the receptionist (also known as the Gift Ship cashier) and hang it in my window.

Lame lame lame.

So I marched my little ticket back in that museum and demanded to know what the heck is up with that. I got the feeling she was all too familiar with this scenario. I was then directed to drag my four kids to the Jesse Knight building, room 2120 to appeal the ticket.

Appeal I did. The ticket was forgiven and I was informed that I had just used up my "one visitor pardon per year". Seriously?

Wow.

BYU? Maybe you and I need some counseling. I don't think our relationship is going so well.

Regrettably,

Maren

1 comment:

  1. So with you on the BYU thing. Those cops on bikes have major ego issues....like most guys at that school. Long live Ricks!

    ReplyDelete