Saturday, March 14, 2009

Laney at 1

Happy Birthday Laneybug.



1 year ago today they put you in my arms.

Since then you:

Grew the biggest teeth possible for a girl your size. They are real whoppers.

Learned how to ask for more by yelling "MUH!" at a very high pitch. Who could deny you what you're asking for?

Developed a hefty addiction to blueberries.

Walk here and walk there. You walk for the fun of walking.

Fine tuned your ability to gurgle. At times you sound like a dove, softly cooing. Segue into that seagull from "The Little Mermaid". Only to morph into a screeching pterodactyl. I'm proud to say that you got that skill from your mother.

You don't like to be sung to, but you appreciate a good John Mayer tune.

You love a good beat and have bonded well with your dad over the guitar.

You put up with me cloth diapering you...I know, I know. And because of it you have consistently appeared to have a large amount of junk in your trunk. Sorry. Just think how much $ we saved for blueberries!

You insist on sneaking over to the dog's water dish and treating it like a wash basin. yuck.

Your arrival increased our rate of dinnertime cereal consumption. What can I say?

You are our fourth. I was the fourth. I think we understand each other. Hang in there! And yes...it will probably always be this crazy.

I love you. Your dad loves you. Your brothers and sisters are infatuated with you. I hope today is a day that will bring a smile and an unconscious giggle when you dream about it at night.

I love you, Laney!

3 comments:

  1. Cant wait to celebrate with her today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Insane, that is all I have to say. Where did the last year go?? Happy birthday Miss Smiley!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the blueberry cake. Wow! It looked wonderful. I have a thing for cakes. I am the fourth child as well. I was told the fourth child has fun sparky personalities. I like to think so. What a fun post! That meatball soup looked delicious.

    ReplyDelete