Friday, March 27, 2009

Dreaming

Last night I had that dream where you are frantically trying on dozens of pairs of jeans. Every nasty, unflattering style I've ever owned is in that heaping pile of denim. My friends are out in the living room waiting for me so we can go to the dance. I'm sweating and wondering if they've left me yet. Where are those stupid jeans! I try some on and they are the ones that have pleats and accentuate the hips. I feel so "hippy". I absolutely cannot wear those. Off they come and I grab another pair. These are the ones that are sooooo tight that they suck to your backside and force you to pull down on the fabric every time you sit down and stand up so that you can "breathe" (if you catch my drift).

Fortunately, at this point the dream segued into a peaceful scene in the which I am sitting by my garden digging in the soil when I find a turtle corpse that begins wiggling and then splits right open to reveal a baby turtle that (of course) has a full set of human teeth and gives me a brilliant smile as he looks at me and says, "MAMA!". He jumps up and snuggles into my neck with his little turtle arms wrapped around and squeezing tight....he didn't have those scratchy turtle claws...just little turtle hands like in a cartoon. So then I took him in the house and taught him how to swim in the bathtub. He was a natural.

All in all, a pretty typical night.

1 comment:

  1. Maren,
    I'm a "little" worried about you.
    Do you want me to drive you to a good counselor I know? Good Heavens!
    Woman! Start thinking some good thoughts before you drfit off to sleep. Love you! Lara

    ReplyDelete