Tuesday, March 10, 2009

I know you know what I'm talking about

This morning I'm eating my cereal out of a very small silver mixing bowl. I need to do the dishes.

I had to open a new gallon of milk because I can't gag down warm milk on my cereal.

I'm dressed in a combination of clothing that makes me feel like an old teenager. I'm not sure if I have the energy to change.

Mathew had a fit this morning that will go down in the history books. He went to school hungry because he couldn't pull it together enough to eat. There's some natural consequences for ya!

Those under 4 are on two antibiotics and one steriod, twice a day. I need more syringes because I don't run my dishwasher enough to sterilize those suckers and I despise getting sweet-smelling medicine on my person. (gagging)

Laney's birthday is on Saturday (1 year old!)and I know the weather is going to be a little chilly and I want to invite all the family, but the park seems like it would be too cold and we don't have enough room for everyone here at the house....so instead of deciding what to do I'm letting time pass by until it will literally BE Saturday and I'll feel terrible for not organizing anything for my sweet toothy little girl. Maybe I'll wait until the sun comes out and do a party then? hmmm....

A couple of days ago I put four frozen chicken breasts in the microwave to defrost and I forgot about them....I think we had scrambled eggs instead. We found the chicken breasts 2 days later. (gagging). I'm still a little afraid of the microwave....and I didn't even share the "smoking corndog" incident with you...a double wammy.

I need to get up into the attic and get all the clothes out and find summer things for everyone. I love to go through things and sort, but I HATE getting up in the attic. (I still have a small pile of leftover Christmas decorations in the garage. )

I feel a huge FUNK coming on.

6 comments:

  1. might i suggest the sweet nectar of all productivity? the pinesol? open some windows....bust out the pine....inhale deeply.....the spring in your step will soon return. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Maren. I am sure that was a almost retching to see the thawed chicken breasts. We have all had days and/or weeks like that. Hope the party goes well for Laney and the funk passes soon. Until then might I suggest facebooking. :) I love your posts and think you are amazing. Remember when we tried to go running in Phaelen in that cold morning weather. I am glad that moment passed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so with you on event planning. "oh didn't you know we were doing this? Yeah I kinda just planned it. Hope you can come..." It happens with EVERYTHING I do. My family has learned. I always feel for my kids though. I wonder if they will need counseling one day as they try to overcome the trauma of always being procrastinated.

    Congrats on making the PHS94 blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. On a regular basis I make a cup of tea, set it on the counter to brew and then find it the next morning. I had Cheerios for dinner yesterday. I'm feeling a funk too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha, ha. I love you Maren because you make me laugh and you are who you are! And the best thing about you is that you can let it all go and say, "well, that is just how it is." I'm really trying to incorporate more "Maren-ness" into my laugh. Oh, and I love that your "dirty" house is cleaner than mine on a clean day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I meant into my life, not laugh. See, you make me think about laughing as I sit here in my robe that is missing the tie thingy, (but who will notice anyway?) with some hangover that is the result of sleep deprivation.

    ReplyDelete