Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Candy red Kitchenaid

My old white Kitchenaid mixer died an early death last week.

I used that thing almost daily, so before the day was out I had found a replacement in this baby:
Oh yes.

The 5 qt. Artisan series. A whole half quart more that the last one. Imagine what I can do with another half quart...a pint, if you will.

In its first 24 hours in my possession I made mashed potatoes, a chocolate lovers cake, and 4 loaves of bread.

It couldn't take the heat and it launched itself off the end of the countertop during the 10 minute kneading cycle (torture) of a double batch of wheat bread.

It committed suicide.

Do you see it's spirit floating away? Amazing what a camera can capture, huh?

Kitchenaid is sending its replacement via Fedex along with the advice that I stand by it while it mixes.

Stand there while it does a 10 MINUTE mixing cycle? Not happening.

Candy Red II will have a spot on a bigger countertop....with plenty of wiggle room.

6 comments:

  1. Tragic!!!! (but did the bread turn out? if so, feel free to toss one over here) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I would have cried. Good thing you get a replacement. I love the red.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the picture of the kitchen aid releasing its spirit. So moving. I hope you have better success with the second.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd like to say you inspired me to use mine more often. But I'd be lying. Hope it doesn't commit suicide because I neglect it. Red is nice.

    ReplyDelete