Sunday, March 15, 2009

The festivities

A good time was had by all.

Uncle John and Aunt Shannon and the Allred Family joined us to celebrate Laney's 1 year mark.

There was cake...an homage to Laney's intense love for the berries of blue:
A little pre-song sampling:
A little help from Dad:
Sampling the cake:
Extra berries for the birthday girl...she careflly selects the fattest ones. (They're the sweetest.)
She "opened" the gifts..."assisted" by her siblings.Mathew read the cards aloud like a Herald at a jousting tournament (ever seen 'A Knight's Tale'?)
There was dancing on the table....
Then the party was over and we finished of the night with a quiet dinner of Meatball Soup (one of Laney's faves) and garlic artisan bread. You can see she loves it...she's giving me the "you rock, Mom!" sign I taught her.
Happy Birthday, baby girl.

**Thank you, Sarah, for all the great pictures. It made my day so much easier, not worrying about manning the camera. You did a fantastic job!

2 comments:

  1. Cake looks divine, Maren. The bread too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey!
    so you found me on facebook, then I saw that you blog (something I am in love with as of late) and now I follow your blog!
    You have four kids and still look like you maybe 22...two words: role model.
    After you requested me on facebook I told Tatton (husband) about who you are...want to know what I remembered most? Let's see...I think you were the ONLY person to ever babysit the Evans kids that wasn't related; you always brought awesome treats that we never had for us to snarf down, we watched tv shows and movies...and this one time in particular I don't know if you'll remember this or not, but Seth and I were outside rollerblading and you were on your way home. As you were getting ready to drive away, I dared Seth to hold onto your bumper. He did, I didn't and as you pulled away he hung on...a little too long I might add and by the time you got to the corner he let go and took a HUGE hit to the hiney...it was HILARIOUS!
    Anyway, long comment! Glad you found me! Take care!
    Kirsten

    ReplyDelete