Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Ethan at 7

Ethan according to Ethan:

What is your favorite:

Color? White..because it's the color of Yellow Wings
**Who is Yellow Wings? my horse...stuffed
Food? Carrots
Drink? soda, rootbeer
Thing to do? Ride horses
Movie? Spirit
Song? Get offa my back and into my gang
Place? Utah..because when we go to Moon Lake I hope to catch guppies with my Dad again.
Word? Horses

What do you think about school? Awesome.
Why? because I get to learn.
Le arn what?Science and magnets.

What makes you happy? Horses.
Why? Because it's my favorite animal.
Why? Because when they gallop it looks really cool in one motion

Where were you born? in Utah in the hospital

Who is your best friend? Bryce
What do you like about him? He's very inventive and can fix anything.

What does Daddy do for a living? He goes to work and gets money and buys food for us.
What does he do for Wachter? He does what his boss tells him.

What does Mom do for a living? You get money and put some in the bank for saving in case there's an emergency.

What do you think about Mathew? He's really good at soccer.
Megan? I love it when she dresses up.
Laney? She's very good at scratching people.

What do you want to be when you grow up? Either a horse riding teacher or a cowboy. Which one do you want to be the most? A cowboy. Because I can save the horses from wild animals.

If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go? Africa. Why? because if I be really quiet outside I could hear the animals or see the animals.

**Mom footnotes: Because I know that I think I'll never forget this stuff, but I already have forgotten so much, here are a few observations about Ethan.

*He HATES the tags on shirts. If I don't remove them, he'll find a pair of scissors and do it himself.

*He insists on everything being fair. Even steven.

*That kid would run free with the wild horses if he could.

*He is very concerned about every human, animal and insect not being separated from its family.

*One of his favorite things is to stay up later than the other kids and help me put the house back together. I enjoy this time too because we have an opportunity to talk and bond without anyone else getting in the mix...that's when the fights break out and I turn into the warden.

* He bought home his school journal yesterday. They are given a list of vocabulary words that they need to try and use throughout the journal. Ethan can turn any word into something about horses. Were you aware that Martin Luther King Jr. was a horse lover too? Anyway, last night I was reading through and this was my favorite entry:

"In black history I injoyed Harriet Tubman the most. Harriet Tubman led the underground railroad. Harriet Tubman was sneaky."

I love you, Ethan!

1 comment:

  1. Cute post.
    So, it would be fair to say he really likes horses then, right?

    ReplyDelete