Wednesday, July 27, 2011

What have you done with my babies?

One the things we've been doing this summer is having the kids take turns helping to cook the meals. I know good mothers already do this, but I've resisted it in the past because I'm lazier than your average mother. I don't care what you say, it's just plain faster to do it yourself. And probably cleaner and safer and more sanitary. And less aggravating.

But I'm trying to be awesomer lately. And that takes work.

So I've started letting them into the kitchen and I've been giving them knives and peelers.

That all sounds just wonderful and uplifting, but it struck me the other day that my children are CUTTING THINGS.

With KNIVES.

SHARP KNIVES.

I mean even the cheese grater can do a wicked number on a knuckle. Blood can be spilt.

So the thing that I would like to know is.....

When did this:


Turn into this:


And this:


turn into this:


And who gave her:

And her:


Razor sharp utensils and told them to "get crackin" on those carrots?:


It's starting to feel like the Twilight Zone around here.

Oh.

And while we're on the subject, I don't recall giving her:



Permission to turn into her:


Seriously. I miss all those sets of sweet cheeks.

But I suppose I can see the beauty in additional help in the kitchen as well. I kind of like the company.

1 comment:

  1. Ok I am having precious memories of sweet Mathew playing the guitar and singing LA LA LUUHHH!!! I'm thinking you need to post that video.

    ReplyDelete