Tuesday, July 19, 2011

The Hufford Summer Adventures

We're looking at the last month of summer here. School is a measly 4 weeks away.

I suppose it's time to recount the fun and laziness that we have enjoyed this summer.

I, of course, stole my summer inspiration from my Sis-in-law, Sarah. She posted her summer schedule and bucket list and it inspired me to follow suit. Thank the heavens we did, because things were getting boring fast.

I have a couple rolls of pink paper that I got for free at the church library about a decade ago (not exaggerating) and it comes it really handy for things like this:

Our Summer bucket list:


It was kind of a crazy, draw a picture, slap it up there if you wanna do it, kind of thing.

Some of our summer goals:

*Go to the Planetarium
*Go to Science City
*Take the dogs to the dog park
*Jump on the trampoline with the sprinkler underneath
*Go the the Great Wolf Lodge
*Complete the Library Summer Reading Program
*Make homemade butter
*Go the the Tallgrass Prairie Preserve
*Go fishing
*Go canoeing
*Play in the fountains at Crown Center
*Complete swimming lessons
*Have a Master Chef night
*Have an art show
*Go to an IMAX movie
*Go to the farmer's market
*Get a gourmet cupcake at a cupcake shop
*Play nature bingo
*Have a water fight
*Go to Nelson-Atkins Art Museum
*Have a Yahtzee tournament

We have done about 90% of this list and we're hoping to fit it all in in the next few weeks. We decided to leave off the making of treats and movie nights, because we do that all the time anyway. I really mean ALL the time. We really like movie night because it's about 15 degrees cooler down in the basement with the tv and the beanbags are right in line with two very chilly cooling vents. I mean we even have Movie Night supplies...because we commit to our couch-potatery


This has been such a memorable, fun summer. I have loved spending time with my kids and doing all of these things together. I'm sad that school is starting again and we won't be making cookies at 10 am AND 7 pm anymore. BOO.

But we still have 4 weeks! HOORAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment