Thursday, July 7, 2011

Megan's 6th birthday

Let's get back to the business of birthdays.

Megan turned 6 on May 30th. It fell on Memorial Day, just like that fateful night 6 years ago when I failed to get an epidural because the anesthesiologist was off gallivanting with all his fancy friends.

Not that I was upset about that or anything. I've completely let it go. I barely remember it.

Forget I brought it up.

ANYWAY...I am happy to tell you that the wait is finally over.

There were promises that weren't kept last year.

Hearts broken.

Expectations dashed.

The peacock cake has finally arrived.

Just a touch of the glorious plumage:

A jaunty tuft of feathers upon it's wee little head:


I venture to guess you wouldn't find this specimen in the bakery of any old Walmart.


This was a labor of love. And a test of the steady hand....wouldn't want to torch the plumage.


Sparkler candles take an extra deep breath.

Megan's contradictory gifts....a Rapunzel tower:


And a semi-automatic:


I love you, Megan Kafaleen.You are the sweetest of the sweet and I couldn't be prouder of the person that you are. Happy Birthday!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Double Wow! That cake is awesome. You did such a great job on it. I am so impressed? How did you get all the colors. Did you airbrush it? How incredible are you? Do you own a secret bakery on the side, because that looks pretty professional? Megan is a very lucky girl, and happy birthday to the natural birth child. (Happy six years of recovery to you to). :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops I accidentally put the question mark on the wrong sentence when I reread it. There is no question about me being impressed, just how you got the colors.

    ReplyDelete