Saturday, July 9, 2011

Mathew's 8th birthday

We are going to start including green icing in our food storage rotation.

I seems like a prudent move.

Mathew's cake vision was a soccer match between 4 horses, a puppy and a foal. He felt it was only fair for each side to have a juvenile. It's important to be fair about these things.

Also, I'll admit that I was a little irritated that I spent a solid 40 minutes searching the party section of two major retailers looking for a miniature soccer ball for the cake and ended up using a sharpie and a miniature marshmallow. That's the nitty gritty of party planning, people.


Mathew stayed true to his pasta and bread heritage, but got a little crazy and picked penne in lieu of boring old spaghetti.


Turning 8 is a big deal. The baptism is coming up and he's finally old enough to go to SCOUTS! It's unfortunate that his birthday came just in time for scouts to......take the summer off. Sorry, buddy. You can break that shirt in sometime in late August.


And my favorite part of life with Mathew:

He doesn't just blow out the candles.

He lines them up:


Inhales deeply:


And takes them out.


Happy Birthday, Mathew. Eight is great...but you are greater. Someday will you come fix my computer?

3 comments:

  1. He can come to scouts with us! We are going strong all summer! We did miss your boys especially last week, we went to Mudtown and learned about BMX racing from Isaac Chase and his dad did some racing and earned our bicycle beltloop. I just kept thinking the Huffs could have just walked here, and enjoyed not having to drive to church! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that he lines them up. That is the great stuff of life, I think. Your soccer cake with livestock is the best I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your cake!! Happy late birthday to Mathew and congrats on his baptism!

    ReplyDelete