Saturday, July 23, 2011

Swimming lessons

We joined the "Optimist Swim Club" for lessons. I'm not really sure what that's supposed to mean, other than we are feeling optimistic about learning not to drown. If that's it, then we picked the right place to take our lessons. Mostly I chose them because they held their classes at the Middle School around the corner and we can walk there. I'm a big fan of walking. It builds character and reduces my bickie size (bickie is Huffordspeak for BUTT). And, by the way, since when do Middle Schools have pools?

So we took two rounds of lessons, which comes out to 4 weeks of going Mon-Thurs, 9-9:45 am.

And get this: Parents aren't allowed to watch. The first two days I sat out in the hall like an idiot. Then I got wise and started making little mini-trips to get a bagel or a juice and I soaked in the kid-freeness of it all. Realistically, it really only comes to about 38 minutes, because I have to get them in there and get back a little early so the other mom's don't judge me.

But I'll take my 38 minutes and make the most out of it. You won't catch me walking around the Middle School track. I'm no fool.

No comments:

Post a Comment