Friday, January 2, 2009

Christmas Festivities

Christmas is so fun as a parent! I was so excited to see their faces when they so the fat stockings and the presents wrapped in unfamiliar paper. The kids were excited with their gifts and despite my efforts to scale down a bit, when you add grandparents gifts and stocking stuffers and gifts for each other, it's still crazy! A few photos:


Christmas Eve we had dinner, spaghetti made by the spaghetti-master, we read the Christmas story from Luke 2 and open the Christmas Eve Jammies. The tree and stockings in all their untouched Christmas morning glory. I personally love this moment most of all...when you come out and there it is. Beautiful and displayed so carefully. You have no idea what awaits and just want your parents to get up already! I remember my parents putting small presents up inside the trees along with cards from grandparents.

Laney working on her wind up caterpillar. A trail of stocking stuffers behind her.Mathew displaying one of Laney's stocking stuffers. That poor kid has had chapped lips for months now. How do stop a kid from licking his lips all day? I'm open to suggestions. He was thrilled to get a music box and an Air Hog helicopter. He's an enigma, that one.
Ethan got......drumroll....I'll give you three guesses.....HORSES! I think we counted 15 by the time the day was over. He's cultivating quite a collection.Megan asked for a princess dress just like her friend Sydney. In her words, "one that goes up, up, up!" I think that means in is super poofy. She was not dissappointed.
Mark opening a new popcorn bowl. Unfortunately it was chipped, so it will have to go back to Santa's workshop (Walmart) for a replacement. Santa is awesome like that.I myself had the best Christmas ever. More on that later.
Merry Christmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment