Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The truth about photo shoots

For one of my christmas present ideas, I thought I might try to get a photo of the kiddos taken for Mark and the Grandfolks. So we tried to make it happen after school one day. Here are the fruits of our labors:

Now, first of all, this whole thing took place in about five minutes as I begged for cooperation. Allow me to reenact....

"okay, no throwing leaves. I want to see you, not the leaves"

"Ummmm....smiling isn't the same as yelling."
"Over here, Mat. Megan, you look like you want to bite me. Ethan move you head the other way."
Uhhh...okay. That's not what I meant, Ethan. Megan, yikes. Mathew?"
"Meggy, sit back down, honey. What are you guys looking at?"
"Holy Moly...this is crazy...whoah! Laney's eating the leaves! Someone get that out of her mouth!"
"Ack! There goes the baby."
Now, this is a mere sampling of the photos. There are 32 more. I took them inside and we looked at the pictures. I explained that the would need to look at me the WHOLE TIME so that when I get Laney to smile, I can take the picture. This is the only way they will ever be done with this. We went back for a second round and VIOLA!
And I thought the baby would be the problem....

2 comments:

  1. hilarious! I just took pics for a family with 7 kids - and I TOTALLY know this experience.....minus the baby face plant.....lol

    ReplyDelete