Tuesday, January 13, 2009

a shmoosh of happiness

I woke up with Laney at 5:00 am. This might not seem like a good thing, but it was because she just wanted a little snuggle and she was right back to bed (holding on to her soft giraffe, so cute) and I was awake. I had cleaned the house before I went to bed, except for putting away the piles of laundry because I still had a couple loads going. The house was quiet and I turned on the dryer. Ahhhh. The beautiful sound of the dryer. JUST the dryer. me and the thump thump....thump thump. I folded a load of jeans in the dark...baby jeans, little girl jeans, boy jeans that seem way too long to belong to my two growing sons. Jeans that help me remember to eat right so that I can still fit into them. My husband's jeans...even better when he's wearing them. I felt a sense of how lucky I am.
I finished that and went in to write in my journal. Mark was up and getting ready to go teach early morning seminary and I recorded the events of the weekend (more on that later). The kids slept on as I finished off 1st Nephi. Anybody know what "calves of the stall" means? Ethan woke up and announced he was feeling much better and sleepily climbed into Mark's warm spot. He'd had a little bit of an upset stomach before bed. Megan came in and climbed in on my side, snuggling in and breathing out a big sigh of satisfaction that only comes with great sheets. I decided tojump in the shower. As I did, I could hear Megan singing "sing sweet nightingale" from Cinderella. I peeked out and she was "dusting" the countertop with one of my makeup brushes. That is a girl who loves the princesses.
20 minutes later I was fully dressed- hair, makeup, clothes I wouldn't be ashamed to go out in, SHOES! Amazing. And it was only 6:30. Ethan and Megan dressed and I went in to wake up Mathew. 45 minutes later we are ready to go. Backpacks packed, homework done, lunches made, teeth brushed. No fighting. No whining. No time-outs. A miracle.
Drove them to school. No fighting. No whining. No rear view mirror lectures. Just "I love you! Have a great day!" It can't get better than this. Home again and ready to move on with what promises to be a winner of a day. Can't wait.

4 comments:

  1. Awe, I love those days. They are strangers to me though I am afraid. I send many wishes your way that it will continue to be a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Me next.
    Oh, and what about the weekend anyway? Curious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now THAT sounds like a good morning. I pray that it will continue for you ALL DAY! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like one of those mornings you have pictured when dream of being a mom. Got to enjoy them cause they are usually few and far between, at least for me :)

    ReplyDelete