Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Ice storm

The "Ice Storm" is a phenomena I was unaware of until we moved to this neck of the woods (if by woods, you mean the United States of America and by neck you mean right in the middle).

We have, up to this point, completely escaped any semblance of winter. It's been down right balmy. And I don't use the word balmy lightly, friends. In fact, in recent days I've experienced a bit of winter survivors guilt...all you poor citizens out in your 10 ft snow drifts, stuck in the airport, power outages, forced to break open your bucked of food storage wheat and try to think what to do with it. I feel terrible watching my children ride their bikes around the cul-de-sac asking for another otter pop. Terrible, I tell you!

So now I feel much better. The dreaded ice storm is upon us.

Schools are closed!

Walmart has been ransacked!

The dogs really need to pee!

I'm out of eggs!

But...you know what they say, when the goin get tough, the tough:

Make cocoa Is it a sin that they had Nestle and I had Ghirardelli?


Play ALOT of Mario Party 8

Do a little Kung fu oooh. ah.



Laminate! I have got a killer Ensign artwork collection in the works...

Some much needed eyebrow maintenence. (I'll spare you an illustrative photo)

Take photos for the blog

That is the grass, folks! The grass!

"C'mon sweetie! Mommy will catch you!"
The lavender I have lovingly nurtured for the last 2 years. Immortalized in frozen perfection.


Super cool ice tree
Very fashionable chainlink


When stepping stones and stumbling blocks are one and the same
The Birdcapades
I can't get over that grass... those are individual blades completely encased! Wowzers.



Pray that the power stays on because without it, we're going to be forced to get creative. And we can't have that...

5 comments:

  1. Wow! That was a storm. That grass is incredible and the tree, lavender, chain link fence and all of the others. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't think of anyone better suited to "get creative". Awesome pictures! I've missed AR's low-key winters... until now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, the ice was really amazing to me too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The grass i mean. The ice on the grass, that is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What awesome pictures! I hope you still have power! Good luck! We're thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete