Thursday, January 29, 2009

Lookin for a fight

Have you ever noticed that boys are competitive?

What my boys are currently killing each other over:
Every morning as we drive down the street, we must turn left to get to the school. We can choose Banz (immediately preceding the blue siding/brick building) or Callahan (immediately following the green siding 'Lighting Inc.' building). To make things interesting, Ethan and Mathew have taken personal ownership of either the "blue side" or the "green side". As we approach I hear
"Blue side! Blue side!"
"Green side! You went down the blue side yesterday!"
"Mah-ahm....it's my turn!"
It's nerve wracking.
Subsequently each morning as I choose which street is faster to turn down, I symbolically reject one of my sons by choosing the other's street. The tears and the anguish! Finally...I could take no more
(into the rear view mirror, of course) (picture just my mean crazy eyes)

"THAT'S IT! The next time I hear one mention of the blue side or the green side will be a dark day in the Hufford family! Don't MAKE me pull this car over!"

And that was that.

That brings us to the spoon:


Where this spoon came from, I do not know. It showed up one day and ever since has been the subject of many a "Na na nuh na na....I have the spoo-oon....Don't you wish you had the spoon?" The tears and the angiush! I am pushed to the brink, "That's IT! You are never going to see that spoon again! It's going in the trash the second you are finished with your rice krispies! No! It's no use begging...I've had it! Say good-bye to the spoon!" Unfortunately these are empty threats because in reality, someone has been sneaking into our house and stealing our regular spoons one by one, so that spoon comes in pretty handy these days.

I just want to know...can't we all just get along?


Stay tuned for next week's episode....'The Thermostat in the Van and the Who's First on the Bathroom Stool'.....gripping!

1 comment:

  1. We have a spoon problem too. One day I'm going to find a bunch of spoons hiding somewhere with all the socks that have disappeared from the dryer.

    ReplyDelete