Sunday, December 1, 2019

December 1st...the fun begins!

Oh look! The advent calendar is up and ready to go! 

I think it's magic.

Bleary-eyed, need a serious nap, honest-to-goodness MAGIC.

Ethan goes first!  On the docket for today: Decorate the Christmas tree! And watch "The Grinch" together as a family! (I think I sense a nap opportunity coming my way)


The girls were fit to be tied when they couldn't locate Sophie the Elf anywhere in the house. Neverfear. She has her freshly pressed church skirt on and she's ready roll.


It's fast Sunday today, so we got right to decorating our new LIVE tree. Fasting and distraction go hand in hand.  We are totally unfamiliar with branches that are not made of wire, so it took some getting used to the way they bend under the weight of some of our heftier ornaments.

We selected a few of our favorites and put the rest away for another year. It's possible our collection has gotten out of hand. But that won't stop us from growing it with unrelenting fervor. We are committed to our hodge-podginess.


When it was all said and done, Mark suggested we all put our heads underneath and gaze up through the branches. And wouldn't you know it.....they did. I have proof...


I love.


Every.


One.


Of these.


Silly Monkeys.


And I seriously adore this tree. 



We're off to a good start!

No comments:

Post a Comment