Sunday, December 22, 2019

Advent Day 22 - Musical Christmas

I have to say, this was my favorite yet.

I didn't stress. I didn't spend hours baking and cooking. We didn't try to achieve the perfect house. We just made a couple loaves of bread, put out a pack of oreos and picked up the house a bit. Everyone brought a treat to share and a possible song to play....or not!

We didn't know if anyone would want to do a solo, so we were ready to have a pure sing along, but once we got going, it was infectious. Several kids convinced their parents to zip home to grab music or an instrument. We loaned out ukuleles and brought the electric keyboard down.

It was so fun and it is probably my favorite evening of the whole Christmas season.

Justin, Maia, Sheila and Sara


Emma and Georgia


Emma, Laynie and Robyn


Amy and Lisa Gotfredson


Mark and Robyn


Maia and Sheila Mitchell


Mark and Larrin....Mele kalikimaka!


Ryan and his bassoon


Megan and Mark


Mathew!


A few more that I didn't get a photo of: Emma Mitchell and her bassoon, and Benjamin Garcia with a piano solo.

I hope we get to do this next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment