Wednesday, December 12, 2018

The forest for the trees

A few days ago, I emailed Lori McDonald and asked her for the recipe and patterns to make homemade gingerbread houses. I felt all warm and fuzzy inside as I pictured us all making our very first gingerbread house from SCRATCH...

It would be so lovely.

But then, I remembered that I don't actually have the energy to do any of that. Maybe next year!

So we went for the easiest of the easy. 

Our sugar cone Christmas tree decoration. I even went all out and bought store brand tubs of icing with unidentifiable ingredients and plopped a couple of dollops of green food coloring in there. 

Fancy. 









I have no idea how Laney made this cute moose out of the materials available to her....but she may have magical powers.


Please take a moment to really appreciate the bare cone in the forefront. It's the complete embodiment of what it is to be a teenage boy. Doesn't it just scream, "When will this activity be over?"

I thought so, too.


Next year, I am totally gonna rock out the homemade gingerbread house....you wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment