Saturday, December 22, 2018

The Clarke Musical Christmas

Back at the Clarke's house this year for the musical Christmas. Just as well, because I'm up to my ears already.  

It was bright and fun and chaotic...everything it's supposed to be when children are up late and have unsupervised access to the buffet table. 


There was talking and eating and playing..pretty much all at the same time.  And it gives it a fun, warm, busy feel that we love and look forward to.

Mathew somehow ended up a part of a violin/trombone trio. Why not??

 

Laney played "The First Noel" on her ukulele. Just as sweet as can be. 💓



Anna and I performed our well-rehearsed "We Wish You a Merry Christmas" on the handbells. It was pretty awesome, if I do say so myself.






Megan transformed the bells and wowed us all with her percussion style "Away in a Manger". It was the very definition of delightful. 


Even Everbee did a fabulous job of "Jingle Bells" on every parents favorite toy...the rainbow xylophone. 




There were other numbers too:

Mark joined in with several sing alongs and made everybody sound a little more polished with his pretty arpeggios.



The Player kids did a pretty impressive duet. The practicing is totally paying off!


Fred always plays his favorite, "O Come Emmanuel". I don't blame him, it's one of my favorites too!


It was nice to be there again and the perfect way for me to fulfill the "Hufford Musical Christmas" I'd been promising my kids every night for the last week. Did it! ✔

No comments:

Post a Comment