Saturday, December 15, 2018

Ward Christmas Party 2018

Ah... the ward Christmas party.  I suppose it was very much like all the others we have been to over the years. There was ham and funeral potatoes. There was that mad dash to the food line and the twinge of fear that they might run out of the dish of potatoes you made because you know it was not coughed on by a little kid with strep throat. (I know you know that feeling.)

A long line is the perfect time to meditate.


I was assigned to put on the Nativity play this year.


It was pretty silly and absolutely thrown together in about 30 minutes, but nobody will every know that because nobody ever pays attention.

But don't you just love Everly's sparkly little angel halo?


And I don't think I'll ever love 3 wise men more than these adorable boys that volunteered to help. Sam, Austin and Caleb & Ashton (Isaac Garcia too!) are forever on my list of people I'll show up for.


I did get to lead the primary children in Silent Night with ASL. It was so sweet and everybody was quiet and listened....or maybe all the noise makers were busy singing Silent Night?


 Some things  weren't like other parties...

Like a "green jello" competition. (I sampled several.)



Lori's labor-intensive rainbow jello stole the show!


And Bro. Peterson's willingness to do just about anything to have fun and be a sport....he painted his face green, only to realize that the paint wasn't washable.


Whoopsie! We're all excited that he is scheduled to speak in church tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment