Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Flamenco Finale

Well, here's the thing.

This skirt was never ever EVER going to turn black. 

I dyed it 5 times. I washed it 5 times. 

I dyed it in a big canning pot and lied to my kids when they asked me what I was "cooking". 

I told them it was a big batch of Christmas stew....for dipping our treats into. They were understandably horrified. 

And still. 

This is as dark as I could get it. 


Late on Christmas Eve, I added some big flowers to it and boxed it up. It may have been kind of wet from a water spill on the countertop. But I was OH SO VERY tired and I boxed it up wet.

I think it wasn't what she had pictured, but it was pretty darn romantic. And with a fancy black fan thrown in for good measure, I was hoping for the best.


She would seem she felt pretty good about the result!





No comments:

Post a Comment