Monday, December 31, 2018

Fat snow, Candyland and Coat Check

It's been raining and dreary for days. It actually feels too cold for rain, but apparently not. I feel like if you are going to freeze your buns off, at least let all precipitation should be white and beautiful. 

And for about 15 minutes today, it was.


We made it into On Track for our yearly tradition of Candyland. As Brian was explaining the drunken process he went through in designing the gameboard, I had a very strong feeling that he forgot to provide dice.  Or game pieces.  I suppose that's all a part of its Crossfitty charm.

Without a word, everyone dug in their cubbies, purses and gymbags for a suitable marker. We settled on a barbell bushing (big silver cylinder) and we all downloaded dice apps.


We rolled and worked and scaled and cheated.

Perfect way to end a year.


Yin and Yang


Mark and I ended the night chaperoning the New Years Youth Dance. It was fun! And it was also long and loud and we got stuck in the coat check in the freezing Relief Society roonm and being 42 is exhausting. We dance for the 4th time ever. We'll need to chaperone more dances if we're ever going to get out of the single digits.


2018 was pretty great. And I think 2019 might possibly break my heart, but I supposed it's coming anyway. Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment